Game Play Rules
Minimum 2 people of the opposite gender per team. Teams are allowed to play with only 1 person of the opposit gender but they must also play down 1 player. Minimum 2 girls 4 guys or 2 guys 4 girls with the exception of FFA Wednesday. On Wednesday FFA any ratio of guys and girls may be present. Subbing is allowed.
- Open handed tipping is NOT allowed
- A block does NOT count as a touch
- A ball may be set/volleyed at any point in a game
- Shoulders must be square to the direction of the ball when being set over the net
Net Touches are NOT allowed
Under the Net
- A Player is allowed to go under the net as long as he/she does not interfere with the play or with any other players
- Keep ALL belongings off of the sand
- This includes bags, clothing, towels, food, drinks, and water bottles
- Please do NOT spit in the sand
- Use the foot wash station or sinks in the bathroom
- Team members should make it their own responsibility to call their own faults and the faults of their team members.
- Re-serve the ball if there are any point discrepancies
- Teams which fail too show up on time for their matches will be penalized accordingly
- Late 15mins – lose 1 set by default
- Late 30mins – lose 2 sets by default
- Late 45mins – Team will be charged $20.
- No show first offence – lose priority registration
- No show second offence – Team will be charged $50
- Please be considerate and find a SUB if you or your teammates are unable to attend.
- Subs may play in playoffs if they have played with your team one other time during the season.
Troubleshooting a Problem
- If there are any issues, please approach the league coordinator
- Contact Rob (email@example.com) if the problem is unresolved