GAME PLAY RULES
- The server must not serve Player A more than 2 times in a row during their serve. If Player A is served a 3rd time, that serve is a wash and a re-serve takes place.
- Server must serve Player B once OR ace player B once before going back to Player A in a service run.
- If the serve is aced down the seem, that serve will count as a point and will also count as a serve to player B.
- Open handed tipping is NOT allowed
- A block DOES count as a touch.
- A ball may be volleyed while digging a hard driven ball and on the 2nd and 3rd touch.
- Shoulders, hips, and knees must be square to the direction of the ball while setting over the net.
- A Serve, free ball or a non-hard driven ball may not be received with a volley. However, these balls may be received overhead. Hands DO NOT need to be touching on an overhead pass, but it does need to be percussive, not a carry, and not a double.
Net Touches are not allowed.
Under the Net
- A player is allowed to go under the net as long as he/she does not interfere with play or with any other players
- Please do NOT spit in the sand
- Use the foot wash station or sinks in the bathroom
- Keep ALL belongings off of the sand
- This includes bags, clothing, towels, food, drinks, and water bottle
- Team members should make it their own responsibility to call their own faults, and the faults of their teammates.
- Re-serve the ball if there are any point discrepancies.
- Teams which fail too show up on time for their matches will be penalized accordingly
- Late 15mins – lose 1 set by default
- Late 30mins – lose 2 sets by default
- Late 45mins – Team will be charged $20.
- No show first offence – lose priority registration
- No show second offence – Team will be charged $50
- King and Queens League: Each player may have 1 official sub. This official sub can move their player up and down. All other subs cannot move the player up and the best they can do is stay.
- Official subs may only be the official sub for 1 team per league.
- Co-ed 2’s – Teams may have subs through the season. During playoffs, subs are only eligible to play if they have played at least 1 game in the season.
Troubleshooting a Problem
- If there are any issues, please approach the league coordinator.
- Contact Rob (email@example.com) if the problem is unresolved